Monday, August 18, 2008

Yes, I know... even though I wrote in my email that the blog is empty, some of you are sure to come over, anyway.

So, while I am still tinkering with the layout, I thought I'd give a little piece of family trivia related to the Republican Convention:

Did you know....

...that Daddy's grandfather, Jesse Monroe Smith, was a delegate to the 1912 Convention in Chicago?


I tried to find Grandfather Smith in the picture,
but the people all look the same - black & white,
...and fuzzy...

That's the Convention where Teddy Roosevelt and other Republicans broke away from the GOP and formed the "Progressive Party" - or the "Bull Moose Party", as it was more commonly known. The Party lasted only four years, and had women's liberation as one of its platform planks...

No comments: